The gallery module in PrestaShop gives you a possibility to display and manage your pictures and also post them in facebook’s wall directly through your website. This functionality is achieved by including â€œLikeâ€ and â€œShareâ€ buttons in the module. You can choose which pictures you would like to see in the facebook’s wall as â€œlikedâ€ ones. You can decide whether any users or just registered ones can review images without loading new window as well.
- Upload as many pictures as you want at once.
- Decide which pictures to show, and which to hide.
- Edit name and alternative name (alt) of pictures.
- Change position of picture by dragging or using up/down buttons.
- Delete images one by one or few by selecting and pressing delete button.
- Decide number of pictures to be shown per page.
- Turn on/off facebook’s â€œLikeâ€ and â€œShareâ€ buttons.
- To show gallery module whether to registered users or any users.
- Fast navigation to gallery module.
- Display gallery to users depending on how much pictures do you want to be per page.
The installation of module is very easy. Just unzip your archive and upload it’s content to your PrestaShop root.
Set permissions to 777 to /img/gallery and /img/gallery/thumbs/ folders. Then click install in the admin panel.
To make sure facebook’s â€œLikeâ€ and â€œShareâ€ buttons works fine in Internet Explorer you need to paste this line:
in header.tpl file which is under directory â€œ/themes/yourThemeName/ like this:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en" xmlns:og="http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
To use friendly url add this:
RewriteRule ^gallery-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /semper/gallery.php?topic=$1 [QSA,L,E]
to your .htaccess file in your root directory.