This problem is so common that I decided to write a post about it. Developers or Prestashop administrators change their shop translations or templates and they donâ€™t see any changes. This is because Prestashop caches pages – it helps to speed up your webpage. Your browser also caches pages so do not forget to clear it too. More information how to clear browsers cache you can find here.
You can clear Prestashop 1.4 cache in back-office or manually by deleting cache files. There is no possibility to clear cache in back-office for Prestashop 1.3 sou you will have to do it manually.
Clear cache in Prestashop 1.4 back-office:
- Go to Preferences->Performance
- Set “Force compile” to “Yes“and save changes.
- Go to your front-office and reload the webpage you are testing.
- Do not forget to set “Force compile” option back to “No” after you make changes to your shop.
Clear cache manually:
tools/smarty/compile delete all files
tools/smarty/cache delete all files
tools/smarty/ compile delete all files
tools/smarty/ cache delete all files
If your system uses Smarty for compatibility reasons:
tools/ smarty_v2/ compile delete all files
tools/ smarty_v2/ cache delete all files
Here is the instructions with images. The process is quite similar for Prestashop 1.3 and 1.4 so I will describe the process step by step for Prestashop 1.4:
- GoÂ to “tools” directory. You should find it in your Prestashop’s root directory.
- Go to “smarty” directory or “smarty_v2” if your system uses “Smarty” version 2 for compatibility reasons:
- Go to compile and cache directories and delete all inner files:
That’s it! You should see the changes you made after cache is cleared. If this does not help maybe you are editing the wrong files or your files are in wrong server or the problem is somewhere else :).